Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trying To Fly


"Make voyages! Attempt them...there's nothing else." --Tennessee Williams

Well I think it's safe to say that I have got the "attempting" part down (I'm still in Atlanta).

The flight was full and I was #16 on the stand-by list. So I didn't make it. But I did make some friends. Shout-outs to:

Kathleen, the 16-year-old homeschooler (I called that one within 2.5 min--takes one to know one) who was visiting her pen pal of 16 years (doesn't add up, I know).

Nameless guy on Marta bus who happens to be living with one of my old science lab buddies from GCSU: Marshal Johnson! He is getting his masters in Biology at GA State and used to work at the Aquarium. Did you know that you can rent the Aquarium out for your birthday overnight-- like a spend the night party? I'm doing it for my 25th so hold me to it.

Marta Bus Driver who was giving me a hard time and told me he wasn't going to stop at my street (but he did because he was actually cool and likes me).

Let's see...did I forget anyone? Oh I know! The poor white-bearded fellow who showed up with me for last night's flight as well. We are two peas in a pod. I'm sure I'll see him again.

These are the stories I came up with because I don't have cool Ireland stories yet. But I will soon. And I'm glad to hear everyone else made it to Dublin! Have a blast and I will join you soon.

On a different note, it's good to see John is blogging a lot already and I was also impressed how he managed to bash on like 5 different nationalities, an entire state and one of the most beloved former Presidents of the United States (and now I'm hating on John in return and exaggerating for humor's sake) ;)

The blogging banter begins!

Love to all,
Hetty

No comments:

Post a Comment